STALKER - The Irish Zone
This will largely be the same for firearms and melee weapons, but the focus here is on firearms for the moment. Success of a shot is largely determined by the characters Firearms or Weapons Ability, or Agility Attribute in the case of Non-Player Characters. As explained in the Abilities section, a player using a firearm without the Firearms Ability may use his Weapons Ability instead, but at only 50% of the Ability value.
Here is the general process of attacking with a firearm:
- Use Firearms or Weapons as a base.
- Add weapon Hit Bonus appropriate for the range.
- Add/Subtract Attacker Situational Adjustments
- Add/Subtract Defender Situational Adjustments
- Add/Subtract any other adjustments coming from artifacts, suit capabilities, weapon attachments, etc.
- Roll d100 with the above number as a target.
- If hit, determine damage. A roll on multiples of 10 will signify a shot hitting the head, in which case only protection on the head is counted.
- If damage exceeds armor protection, roll d100, anything 20 or below signifies armor damage.
Below are the Attacker and Defender Situational Adjustments:
|Full-Auto Burst at Short range||+10|
|Short Range (Half of Range stat)||+10|
|Long Range (Above Range stat)||-20|
|Point Blank (within 1 yard) with a Firearm (does not apply when Engaged)||+20|
|Performed a Run action last turn||-20|
|Outnumbered in Melee 2:1||+10|
|Outnumbered in Melee 3:1 or more||+20|